1.9K views

his internet based company does not allow you to cancel your subscription online. They direct you to call an 800 phone number but when you do that, they insist that there is only one person, you account manager, who can cancel you account.

That seems silly, but the real problem is that person is not available when you call, so you are not able to cancel your service despite all your reasonable efforts. This is frustrating and time consuming. It seems they believe that they can keep collecting their clients money by making it impossible to cancel their service!

If you are looking for an internet based phone service provider, use someone else. This company does not conduct their business in an ethical way.

Review about: Ringcentral Manager.

Comments

Same thing is happening to me, they keep charging me and when I call in to cancel it says "estimated wait time is 5 minutes" then as I wait the time keeps expanding "estimated wait time is 9 minutes" and so on and so forth. This should absolutely be illegal!

I am also going through the *** of cancelling service with RingCantral. I would advise anyone to not stay away from the company.

Venice, Florida, United States #1323979

I agree. Ringcentral is not easy to cancel.

We had 14 phone lines connected to 2 main lines and when we canceled the two main lines the others were not canceled and they do not tell you that you have to cancel each line individually. Keep that in mind.

Ring Central's shenanigans continue in 2015! You must call, and phone cancellation hours are limited.

I called in to cancel and was told I'd be subject to an early cancellation fee if I cancelled prior to 8 months from now!! A fee that I've never been informed of in the past more than one year of dealing with poor service. Took at least 20 minutes on phone between hold time, and back and forth.

Never again for me. Beware- avoid this company!

Angleton, Texas, United States #786451

it took me an entire 5 minutes and 43 seconds to cancel my account with them so......no complaints here. you people are a bunch of idiots apparently and most likely have problems with everyday *** also.

next time life challenges you, take a long deep breath and take your head out of your ***.

have a great day to you all. 8)

Seems we are not the only ones facing problems with Ringcentral. You should all know that not only are they difficult when trying to cancel, but we were victims of fraud and until no Ringcentral still has not corrected the problem (even though they admitted the fraud occurred). Just a terrible company!

Ring Central is the biggest scam on the whole *** internet :(

After 7 minutes on hold, I finally get somebody

who gives me a hard time about canceling.

(Do you remember the answer to the security question you filled out? You better.

Then she had to get approval from her boss.

After 10 more minutes on hold, she said the

cancellation was complete. 20 minutes total.

Hi Sizemore,

We do acknowledge the limitations experienced from not having an online account cancellation feature in the system, as a preventive measure against inadvertent deletion of accounts. We apologize for the difficulty you experienced with this system constraint in the past. Nonetheless, if there may be anything we could assist you with, please email us your former RingCentral account number and preferred call back numbers at socialmedia@ringcentral.com for us to reach you.

Regards,

Divine Cabalfin

RingCentral, Inc.

It is true, very difficult to cancel. they refused to cancel my service months ago and i finally ended up giving up.

They started calling me to "collect" my past due bills that they say I owe. Bad startup company, BAD!

Hi Angrymax,

I’m so sorry to hear you are having difficulty with cancellation and would like to resolve your concern right away.

It is to prevent inadvertent account deletion and to provide for validation, that the system does not allow for online account cancellation.

Nevertheless, please email us your RingCentral account and call back numbers at socialmedia@ringcentral.com so that we may assist you with your cancellation.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Divine Cabalfin

RingCentral, Inc.

to Divine Cabalfin/RingCentral, I #777487

If you are a consumer with this situation, initiate a "chargeback" on your credit card. The niceties of responses are canned and they know exactly what they are doing.